DALLAS – The International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) and AMPROFEC, the exhibitions and events industry trade association in Mexico, have entered into an agreement to extend their offerings to members of both organizations in the interest of advancing the exhibitions and events industry in their respective regions. The agreement of cooperation was signed at the AMPROFEC 19th Annual National Congress on 25 August 2016 in Monterrey, Mexico.
“IAEE and AMPROFEC have engaged in various successful collaborations in the past,” said IAEE Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Cathy Breden CMP, CAE. “We look forward to building a positive relationship with our colleagues in Mexico and collaborating on projects of importance to both our memberships.” Breden participated in a panel discussion with colleagues from UFI and SISO on industry collaboration. UFI and SISO signed agreements with AMPROFEC as well.
“I am pleased IAEE is able to work with our colleagues in Mexico on initiatives supporting the exhibitions industry,” said IAEE President and CEO David DuBois, CMP, CAE, FASAE, CTA. “Mexico has a vibrant and successful marketplace and this collaboration will surely benefit our members, both locally and globally.”
AMPROFEC (Asociacion Mexicana de Profesionales de Ferias, Exposiciones y Convenciones, A.C.) was formed in 1992 in response to Mexico’s need for a trade association representing exhibition industry professionals and their interests. In addition, AMPROFEC works with organizations both domestically and internationally to advance the Mexican meetings industry and its constituents.
The agreement between IAEE and AMPROFEC will extend reciprocal membership benefits to the respective members of both organizations, including:
- Member pricing for all products, services, meetings, and events that are offered by AMPROFEC and IAEE;
- Recognition of the respective professional designations that may be offered by the organizations, wherever possible and practical, to applicants for the purpose of recertification;
- The sharing of research data and information that is relevant and not proprietary;
- The creation of jointly sponsored activities and events that will encourage interaction between the members of each organization; and
- The participation of the leaders of the associations in the major events of each organization.